So about the resolution thing...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm failing. As I do every year. What is it about writing in a journal that's so damn hard anyway?? Anyway, I get a few "quote of the day" emails because I love quotes (I can always relate to something someone else has said if it's categorized properly). Here are a few that came today, and here is the website if you want to sign up. I think this guy does a pretty good job....

I never even kept a journal. I thought, "I want to live my life, not record it." -Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, 1929 - 1994

Life is life, this was just a record. - Ringo Starr

People don't understand the kind of fight it takes to record what you want to record the way you want to record it. - Billie Holiday, 1915 - 1959

The more the data banks record about each one of us, the less we exist. - Marshall McLuhan, 1911 - 1980

I'm going to go with Jackie O on this one.

http://www.qotd.org/subscribe.html


And, if you're in need of a fabulous quote book for reference try this one:
Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, Seventeenth Edition by John Bartlett.
My dear friend Janey gave it to me for Christmas at least 5 years ago and I treasure it. I have spent many a night reading and re-reading it.

Jan 09

There's no fun in sharing an empty journal, so here's a cute picture from Cornerstone in Napa. (read the fine print on the sign!)

The End LM 1/27/09

1 comment :

Sparkleneely said...

tell me about it. I am so behind on my blog! I have simply DESTROYED all my resolutions... and I can only remember one of them now!

xoxo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground