Twenty Five Things about me.....

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Twenty Five Things.....

1. I got married one month after I turned 20 and stayed married for 18 years and I have happy memories from that time of my life.

2. I had Simon when I was 24, Paris when I was 25 and Scarlett when I was 29 and I consider becoming a mother the very best thing I have ever done.

3. I love seafood of any kind and would choose it over dessert any day. Which makes total sense because my Mother is sure she was a mermaid in a former life. (except for uni, I don't like uni)

4. I barrel raced my horse in a Colorado Rodeo when I was 8.

5. When I feel really old, I remind myself that I was barely walking when the first man walked on the moon.

6. My Mom and my sisters are my best friends.

7. My Handsome Man, my Dad and my brother in law Jeremy are the hardest workers I have ever met.

8. I watched a bullfight in Spain when I was 27 and spent 3 weeks topless sunbathing in the south of France when I was 20.

9. I have been to the top of the Eiffel Tower twice, seen the Mona Lisa and ridden a double decker bus.

10. I named my daughter Paris before I had ever gone to Paris, knowing without ever being there that it was my most favorite city in the world. I went to Paris for the first time when I was 32.

11. My oldest girlfriends are in their 60's and 70's and they give the best advice.

12. I wish I could play the piano, speak fluent French and dance a decent two-step.

13. I think my children are brilliant and have fabulous futures ahead of them. Two of them are almost fluent in French!

14. My first "grown up" job was designing and manufacturing wrapping paper and stickers with Melissa Neufeld and Mary Engelbreit when I was in my 20's.

15. I've been working since I was 11 and completely financially independent since 17.

16. I would go without eating in order to get my hair done as it grows in completely gray now.

17. I taught myself to quilt when I was 18 and was teaching quilting by the time I was 26.

18. I learned to sew when I was 5 and I can't understand people who don't know how to sew.

19. I'm saving my money for a 17" MacBook Pro so I can learn Adobe's InDesign and draft and publish quilting patterns.

20. My biggest missed opportunity was not visiting my Dad when he lived in Brazil on the Amazon River for 5 years.

21. I gave birth to my second child with Chip Dehnert watching and taking photos!

22. I was the ticket girl in the little booth at the Park Theater when I was 18 and I can thread a movie projector. (and I LOVED that job!)

23. I lived in England for 4 months when I was 38.

24. I shook up the ant farm in first grade because I thought it was one of those "make a design with sand things" and my teacher cried because I killed all the ants. I never confessed to that. It was an innocent mistake.

25. I live in a tiny cottage by the creek behind Lizie's Casa. And I'm so happy. The end.

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground