Old Log Cabin on the frame

Friday, May 15, 2009

Here is a luscious Log Cabin (handpieced) c1850-1870 that I had the privilege of stippling a couple of weeks ago. The fabrics had me crazy with envy as anyone who knows me KNOWS that shirtings and Civil War/pre-Civil War prints are my all time favorites.... I advised tiny stippling as the quilt was very fragile in places and stippling tends to tack it all down and make it a bit sturdier. It turned out beautifully. If you look closely, you can see how it was foundation pieced onto a muslin type fabric.

stippling 1850 Log Cabin

I love that I can do this stuff at the office while answering phones and being a happy receptionist. I am such a lucky girl to LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL OF MY JOBS!!!!
LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground