All I can say is this.....

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I obviously have been very busy and have not posted lately. I am happy to say I am moved into the new little house and out of the old little house, my girls have returned from 2 weeks at Grammy Camp in WA (just yesterday!)to find their new little corner of the new little house decorated with new little matching beds and dang if it isn't all so cute.

*however* This Mama is totally worn out. Moving sucks. Add a third job the week before the move, several old friend reunion/gatherings, a few sleepless nights and some very hot days and, well I feel my age. All I can say is this: I'm sure glad to be at the law office today so I can sit down and REST!!! And catch up on my blog reading. The book review below came from Gwyneth Paltrow's blog www.goop.com

I read these books about 4 years ago and loved them. I tore right through all three of them and HIGHLY recommend them:
*********************************************************************************

The Josephine Bonaparte Trilogy: The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B., Tales of Passion, Tales of Woe and The Last Great Dance on Earth by Sandra Gulland

Once you start reading this trilogy you will not be able to put it down. You become so immersed in the life of Josephine Bonaparte that you feel as if you are there with her. The books are written in diary format and trace her life from her birth in the islands through the French Revolution – chronicling not only her life before, during and after Bonaparte, but providing rich solid historical information and beautiful detail regarding fashion, culture and society during her lifetime.
*******************************************************************

This is supposed to kind of make up for the fact that Spencer is going to totally kick my butt in the Great High School Read-off. I have 6 days to finish Oliver Twist, The Magician's Nephew,Ender's Game, Black Like Me and the rest of Night, by Elie Wiesel. And you know that the third job is necessary so that I can pay him when I lose this bet. BUT I'M NOT GOING TO STOP READING...i could just be a dark horse in this race, ya never know....

2 comments :

Amy said...

I'm so glad your girls are home and that you are all settled in your new "home"! The girls beds are sooooooooo beautiful, what a wonderful surprise for them! I always love reading your updates. I love you so much sister! Hugs and loves for everyone from me! xoxoxoxooxxoo Aim

Spencer said...

Haha! I'm totally going to win! But thanks for helping me with the reading. It helps making things a competition, because I'm competitive. Your awesome!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground