All work and no play....

Friday, May 7, 2010

Well, I've been obsessed with work lately. Having 3 jobs will do that to a girl.
Today I've been trying to think where I can send my 16 year old daughter so she can make some money for clothes and entertainment. I stumbled upon crazyinsuburbia.blogspot.com and her article on where teenagers can work in Walnut Creek.....

One kid wrote this-"I remember in high school I saw on television Bill O'Reilly explaining when he was 16, him and his friends would paint houses. That was six years ago and figured I can't paint homes legally but started to knock on doors and say I'll mow your lawn for $20. I'd knock out 4 lawns in 4 hours on a Saturday morning, that was plenty of money to entertain myself all weekend. People will just say yes because you're a kid, so if you're in high school and reading this pay attention. I used to target my richer friends homes because the parents would feel guilty that I was looking for work while their son was upstairs playing Xbox. Worked every time. When I was 16 I'd rather do yard work than make smoothies. When Fall came I'd rake leaves. Christmas time put up the lights. Little jobs like that are the easiest way to make money as a teenager."


Now that's the way we did it when I was a kid. Except I cleaned houses and gardened and babysat. I'm 42 and I've never mowed a lawn in my life.

Maybe it's time to start. I could make more money mowing 4 lawns than I do all day long in my retail job. Now THERE's AN IDEA!

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground