It's a girl thing

Thursday, June 24, 2010

When I was 16 I bought my first pair of luscious, favorite, to die for shoes. They were from Nordstrom in Seattle, olive green lizard skin Italian loafers. They cost about $230. This was a long time ago. Like 1985-ish. I loved them, wore them forever(re-soled them twice), until they got too wet from the rain. Moldy and ruined, I finally had to toss them. They were 8 years old. RIP.

I can count the shoes I have loved like that on one hand.

There was a beautiful, expensive pair of black grosgrain ribbon, pointy-toed flats from Fred Segal in Santa Monica that I got in 1987. They were perfect. PERFECT.

Then the J.Crew pointy toed black leather flats that I owned for 5 years that got me through a spring in the UK, Barcelona and Paris during a very difficult time of my life in 2006. Back in California, my landlord's evil puppy ate one of them and it was a very sad day.

Here are the UK Flats (on me at West Wittering beach in the UK)
The Beach Girl West Wittering, Sussex, UK 3/06
me in those J. Crew flats in Barcelona
Barcelona april 06
me in the J.Crew flats in Paris
Notre Dame May 2006



Also in Petersfield, Hampshire that spring came my most favorite-of-all-time black suede heels from L.K. Bennett. Yes, pointy toed too. A lovely gift. I adored them. They are completely worn out, but I can't bear to part with them because I think sometime I will stumble upon a fabulous cobbler who can re-make them if I keep them for the pattern and measurements...
Ohh, LK Bennett, of course!
*sigh* best-shoes-ever.

Another fabulously favorite pair of shoes have worn out and I have spent the last TWO YEARS trying to find them. They are NineWest, size 6.5 and they were used when I found them on ebay many years ago, here they are now
tattered 9 west shoes
Same story. I kept them so I could have them re-made sometime. They are great shoes. They go with everything, especially fancy jeans and are more comfortable than any other shoes I own.
tattered
BUT HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS!!!! Many, many, many searches later (ebay, contacting NineWest, etc)I found a pair that are a pretty darn good match:
Prada newish from ebay
don't you think I got pretty lucky?
Prada-Nine West
New and Old
Prada.Size 37.5- for cheap. On ebay. I mean really cheap. I couldn't buy a new pair of NineWest's from Macy's for this price. Sometimes a girl just gets lucky.

Maybe Dayna knows of a good cobbler...or Marci. In any case, these two girls are the limit of my insider shoe knowledge. You should check them out.

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground