Rodeo Days

Monday, June 21, 2010

Sunday, June 13, 2010
92nd Livermore Rodeo, Livermore, CA
Livermore Rodeo
please note the cute cowboys hanging out by the green fence

HM, Beautiful Daughter #1, her friend Leslie and I ventured out in the 95 degree summer heat to attend the Livermore Rodeo. It was just a short drive from home and boy, did we have fun...

I had fun watching the handsome cowboys....
Cute Cowboy-Livermore Rodeo
Watching handsome servicemen WITH the cowboys....
Livermore Rodeo
Some cowboys are just crazy....
Mad Bull
And then the Round-up boys rescue them when their time is up....
(they were awfully cute too)
The Round Up Boys
The funniest part was the Nesquik Wild Cow Milking....
which is exactly what it sounds like. Two cowboys try to rope a wild cow, one detains her (holds her still with his bare hands), and the other one tries to extract her milk into a beer bottle, then race with at least SOME milk in his bottle to the guy across the way-like a relay- to score the best time. The two guys that won were one of only two groups who could actually CATCH THE COW. There were plenty others that couldn't even catch the cow.....unfortunately I was laughing so hard that I did not take any pictures of this event aside from this one....
Nesquik Wild Cow Milking
Did I mention the cute cowboys?
(not the goofy one, he was the rodeo clown)
The Cowboy and the Rodeo Clown
Ahem, oh yes, I did mention the cute cowboys....
cowboys
there were lots of them :)
This guy was having a great ride, you can see how excited the cowboys in the stands are for him...
Mad Bull
It's just crazy to me that they love to ride mad bulls...
Bull Riding at the Livermore Rodeo
We drink this while at the Rodeo. Because the choices are: Bud or Bud Light. You can't be a beer snob at the Rodeo. Beer is good.
Yes, we drink this at the rodeo.
People are crazy...
Livermore Cowboys
This stallion got the last word. I was trying to get a shot of the cowboy riding this bronc. By the time I snapped the picture HE WAS GONE.
Bucking Bronco at the Livermore Rodeo
This is what you wear to the Rodeo...
my toes in the summer
And this is where the Cowboy walks away...
I thought they said he was the #1 Bull Rider in the world. That would make him_____?
they said on the loudspeaker that this cowboy was the #1 bull rider in the world. He did not have a good day...

1 comment :

French Kissed said...

Thanks for stopping by French Kissed and leaving a comment. What a fun post this is...I love a rodeo!!! To answer you question I use a Nikon Coolpix with no flash. Lighting is key. I hope your daughter makes it to American University of Paris...don't know if you know my daughter just graduated from there...she is Bardot In Blue.com

So very nice to meet you!

~jermaine~

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground