Love For Sale

Monday, June 27, 2011

Peeking through Etsy tonight and THIS is what started it all........
Love for Sale

Here's the song that is stuck in my head. I sing it to the house in my best Ella Fitzgerald voice. My daughter humors me. That's why I keep her. Well, and I love her.
DizzyEllaBird_It_Happened_One_Night-ConcertSept1947_thumb
Ella_Fitzgerald_-_The_Best_Of_The_Song_Books

And I could have sworn Diane Lane sang this song in The Cotton Club (when I was 17 it was my most favorite movie of all time), but she didn't. Oh but Gregory Hines did sing Copper Colored Gal of Mine. Everyone should be able to sing and dance to Cole Porter and Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald. You can start with this if you like.


Duke Ellington was a genius. I'm going to queue up some movies. Starting with The Cotton Club.

Thanks for being so fabulous. xoxox

1 comment :

Debby said...

Oh, Ella... amazing voice!! xo

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground