Paris Gray is 18.

Monday, February 20, 2012

On Memorial Day, 1993, it was as if you whispered into my ear telling me it was time for you to live. I remember it as clear as anything. It was that day you came to me. Like magic, you wished to BE and put yourself here to be born exactly 9 months later...

Happy 18th Birthday to my beautiful child Paris Gray. February 19, 1994 you were born...

You were the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen...

You brought exponential love to our little family.
Your brother adores you...

Due to your seriously early morning inner clock, you are the reason your mother is such a prolific quilter. You used to sit under the dining table sorting buttons into cupcake tins at 5am while mama sewed. We were the only ones up for hours!!

It is your love for everyone that makes friends our family...

and family come together...
You've known terrible sadness, heartache, loss and disappointment. And through it all you have loved unconditionally, trusted, learned and not let the bad get the best of you.
You've made life wonderful for those around you, even in unbearably close quarters- and maintained a smile through it anyway..
You are the best of both your parents.
Adventurous and smart...

beautiful...
peaceful and creative...
You are the happiest soul I have ever known!!
You can find the fun and the funny in everything!
You make me laugh so hard I cry...
You can cook better than me!
And most of all, the greatest gift to Scarlett I could ever give. The best sister to your sister...
I'm really humbled and proud to be your mama. Happy 18th Birthday my beauty girl.
It's been the great pleasure of my life to watch you grow up.

I think you're ready for the big time, Paris Gray Mijatovich. xoxoxox



















5 comments :

Sparkleneely said...

Time flies... But oh, what beautiful people come from that! xoxo

sonia daigle said...

What a beautiful and touching message from mother to daughter...
Have a lovely day
Sonia xo

Debby said...

LOVE this! Beautiful tribute. She sounds like an amazing girl. I love love love that you said, "You are the best of both your parents." xoxo

Nicole said...

i love this photo journal. so special.

xo

Amy said...

An incredible tribute to an incredible daughter! Paris is a very rare gem, that's for sure! So blessed to be a part of her life and to learn from her amazing example! We love you Pear!! Happy Birthday sweet girl!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground