Tuesday Obsession- Laundry

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm sure this is not at the top of everyone's list, but I have always loved the chore of doing laundry. I love that I am doing it for the ones I love. I love washing, drying, folding and ironing. There are few smells that "get me" like the smell of freshly washed clothes (in TIDE). Only the smell of Coppertone suntan lotion (my mama) and Shalimar (my grandmother) hit me like newly washed clothes. The one thing that tops them all is the smell of clean sheets dried by the sunshine on a hot summer day in the sun. Pure sunshine to sleep with. The best.

Laundry on the line is my favorite!!!

Not ever having had my own washer and dryer has affected me in a big way. I feel so deprived, I crave them. I haunt the appliance stores like a 20 year old scouts out engagement rings....I have an entire category on Pinterest called "Laundry Room Envy"!


I can't even imagine what it would be like to be able to do laundry whenever I felt like it...I still get great pleasure from hanging clothes out to dry in the sunshine.


Don't we all have a chore that really should be on the simple pleasures list? Mine is laundry. For sure.

5 comments :

Amy said...

I'm with you on two things. One, the smell of freshly washed sheets that have been dried in the sunshine are simply heaven. There is no other smell like that! I LOVE crawling into my bed with freshly washed sheets. Mmmmmm. Two, ahhh, the envy of those gorgeous laundry rooms. So nice! But I have to say, I don't particularly like washing, drying and folding at least 10 loads a week. It gets old. Fast!! Love you so much sister. xoxooxoxox Aim

Becky said...

My laundry related obsessions: All white towels throughout the house, they make everything seem so clean. And ironing. I love a freshly ironed, lightly starched (Magic Sizing) shirt. Oh la la!

Cindy Sharkey said...

It is nice to have the simple pleasures. Once you have that washer you will appreciate it so much! Laundry rooms aren't much fun but in Hawaii I can put up with it, then air dry in my little place. Nice warm breeze......

larajanepark said...

Aim, I'll have to do laundry for 20 years in my own laundry room to get tired of it... Becks- yes! White towels Magic Sizing and a grown up sized ironing board with a Rowenta and I'm set for a weekend of happiness :) Oh la la is RIGHT!

kathi @ traybella said...

loved your top photo of laundry on the line. pinned it to one of my pinterest boards.
i remember helping my grandma with laundry. wish my HOA allowed clothes lines (i have a make shift one) but would love a full fledged post in the ground clothesline.
kathi

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground