Tuesday Obsession- Quotes

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I really, really love quotes. I am obsessed. I'm not a writer and words don't always come easy to me. I can always find a quote that says exactly what I mean. One of my favorite reference books is Bartlett's Familiar Quotations.

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves—say rather, loved in spite of ourselves
-Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

When you love you wish to do things for. You wish to sacrifice for. You wish to serve.
--Ernest HemingwayA Farewell to Arms






I love her and that's the beginning and the end of everything.
--F. Scott Fitzgerald



Make me immortal with a kiss!
--Christopher Marlowe






Love is something like clouds that were in the sky before the sun came out, you cannot touch the clouds, you know; but you feel the rain and know how glad the glowers and the thirsty earth are to have it after a hot day. You cannot touch love either; but you feel the sweetness that it pours into everything. Without love you would not be happy or want to play.
--Miss Anne Sullivan to Helen Keller, The Story of My Life

If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else. If you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.
--James M. Barrie











No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground