White Picket Fence

Monday, April 9, 2012



I've been a busy girl this week! Moved into a little, adorable house with a white picket fence with beautiful daughter #2-(Beautiful daughter #1 was in France for the last 10 days!)we wanted everything "just so" for when Paris arrives tonight. To our new house that she has not lived in yet....


* IT IS SO ADORABLE *

But that's not what this post is really about. Paris' grand life experience with her AP French 5 class has to be it's own post. The new house has to be it's own post. The move, the visit with old high school friends....there's so much to write about. And I WANT to write about it all. Because when I look back on the old posts, sometimes I see some very inspiring progress. 

And believe me, this girl needs to see progress. Because sometimes I'm just ready to give everything up for lack of change or at the very least, forward motion.

I was reading through Debby's blog, Inspired Design this morning. It's beautiful, as it always is (someday I'm going to have her re-do my clunky blog!) and her message was just a reminder of what I tell myself all the time.

    "The only thing blocking the path of the life we want to lead is our self. When the impossible presents itself, decide how you can turn it into a probability. Don't be deterred by the bumps in the road, as there will be many. Don't listen to the people who tell you that you can't accomplish or change something, that is their insecurity speaking, not yours. Go ahead and turn those darn lemons into lemonade!





And I looked back to my New Year's Post for 2012. I had all of these goals and resolutions. And I'm usually quite defiant when it comes to resolutions (read this for attitude). And when nothing changes, I can get surly, sad and miserable. But then I had to smile. Look what I've done in the past 3 months!    
     1) Sent Pear to Paris. All by myself.
     2) Found, rented and moved into a house with more than one  
         room. All by myself.
     3) Left that tiny studio. Forever!
     4) I HAVE MY OWN LAUNDRY ROOM FOR THE FIRST   
         TIME IN MY LIFE! Did that all by myself.  
    5) Acquired two gardens.
    6) Leaving for Honolulu in 17 days.
    7) I've read a book. Plan to make up the reading deficiency in 
        Hawaii in 17 days.

The yoga and the running have not been made a regular thing yet. I'm going to work on them this month. However hard and impossible sounding some of those things on my list seemed to be, my internal feisty girl was triggered by the written (and published for the world to see) challenge of those resolutions.

If you need a reminder of how little the studio was, take a look at the Christmas post. I'll post pictures of the new house soon. 

Mais maintenant,  une fĂȘte de bienvenue  pour ma fille, Paris qui arriver ce soir.


Life is really, really good.

2 comments :

Amy said...

I am so happy for you sister! You are doing a great job with your girls and they are so lucky to have you for their mama. I can't wait to see your new house and pics from Paris, from Paris. haha. Love you all so much. You better come to Utah next time with your girls....I miss you!! xoxooxxo Aim

RaeJean said...

You are incredible....talented.....strong and mostly BRAVE! Keep up the great work.....all good things come to those who wait. Your waiting is starting to pay off.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground