Alameda Antiques Fair October 7, 2012

Thursday, October 11, 2012

We had a fun and beautifully sunny Sunday October 7th at the Alameda Antiques Fair. I saw so many treasures that I loved. And we ran into Kim from Farmyard Darlings. Actually, the yellow Farmyard Darlings truck is the first thing I saw when we parked in the lot on Sunday. You should follow them on Facebook and check out their website. Their shop is tucked away in the back of the old Mt. Diablo Nursery on Mt. Diablo Blvd. in Lafayette, CA. Those girls, Carole & Kim are all over the place in their cute trucks! I love their shop so much, it's my favorite local treasure shop....I even got their shirt from HM. See?

Here are some treasures from Sunday in Alameda last week.


I'm crazy for wooden crates, this one is from the town where my Mom was born! Mmm. I love to eat Puget Sound Oysters....
I could have spent a long time digging through $1 names! I thought, wouldn't it be cute to put a "name" on a present at Christmas? Except then I thought, I have a Scarlett, a Paris and a Simon. Pretty sure they aren't going to be found in this pile.


Here's Mammy. She's a cast iron doorstop that called to HM. I secretly named her Emmeline, after his childhood Mammy. When "The Help" came to the movie theaters, we took the girls to see it and we had the most interesting talk afterwards about that movies representation of "The Help" in the South. HM said it was as close to real as he'd ever seen. Then he told us stories about Emmeline, who he loved so very much. He said besides his grandmother (who spoiled him to death), Emmeline was his favorite person. I wish I could have known her.
Hotel- $1.60 and up. Henhouse.
The bookshelf I should have bought for $100. Cool spindle bedframe, aqua princess phone, SPRING-O-LENE, tiny celluloid outboard motors.
A grocery scale from the 60's from William's booth. This went home with Courtney. I can't wait to see a picture of how it looks when she gets it into place.
A very old fashioned vignette.

Great old brushes, "old stuff $2 each" sign, Spring-O-Lene again.
Looks like my friend Dave's dog (the boxer), the scottie was still there when we were leaving but the boxer was gone. I'm sure he went to a good home.
Kind of Halloween-ish, don't you think? I love to see how people set up for the upcoming holidays.

A fun time was had by all.
Now don't forget to check out Farmyard Darlings next time you're in town.
xoxox

Love, 
me


No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground