Hit in the head with a brick.

Saturday, April 20, 2013

I am on day 5 of the headache. I rarely get headaches. Feels like I've been hit in the head with a brick.
The good news is I've lost 4 lbs!


 Check out this beautiful brick. Someone worked so hard to create it, make it festive and lovely, gave it life, lived with it in their home for such a long time. 

It was the only treasure I found at an estate sale last month. I almost didn't get it, I really don't need a doorstop. But it belonged to an old grandma and I could picture her lovingly embroidering this crazy green brick cover. 

I paid $2 for this brick.
It makes me happy.
I am a nut.

It's been a crazy week. I'm not ready to talk about it really, but I have learned that I really do have the most fabulous friends, and job- family really is forever- and there is nothing like having my three beautiful children in the same room with me at the same time.

We are always exactly where we are supposed to be, even if we don't agree with that at the time.
And the doors are always open 
(even without a doorstop brick)

Mamas love their children forever. Every single day.


3 comments :

Amy said...

I love this post! I love your embroidered brick :) And I love you and your three lovely children. It has been a week filled with tender mercies, answered prayers, and strengthened bonds. I love you so much sister. Thank you for being strong and amazing. xoxoxoxo love always, Aim

Pear Girl said...

I love this post too! It has definitely been a brick-type-of-week. You're the best, mom.
xoxoxo the eldest of the daughters :)

Cindy Sharkey said...

my headaches always felt like a brick was sitting on my head but please use this one for a door. The good thing about weeks like this is; we all came through it together.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground